Wednesday 12 September 2012

Spring has Sprung!

Exams are finally over so sorry to everyone (all three of you) who have been after a post since my last, but the past few weeks have been non-stop sun and despite the rain dampening the post-exam celebration it finally feels like we might actually have a proper Summer in Sydney this year!
But I won't get too ahead of myself because Spring is my favourite time of year, there's flowers, baby animals, the beach, markets and of course Mercedes Benz Fashion Week where the Spring/Summer collections are released and everyone's happy. And of course the fact that my birthday is in Spring and I love my birthday a lot more than most people, it's really just a great time of year.

My Seventh Wonderland swimming costume is
this shape but with a different pattern. 
And, this time in two weeks I'll be living it up in Thailand which really is kind of the inspiration for this post. Now procrastination is almost my middle name, sometimes I even procrastinate procrastinating but the other day I did something productive when I should've been studying for my maths exam - I went through my swimmers (tonks, cossies, swimwear, beachwear, swimsuit..as you will) and while going through my swimmers I found a total of 7 pairs. This is a new record for me an I'm ultra excited and so I thought I'd write about swimmers simply because I want to.

At the Big Fashion Sale a few months ago I picked up this absolute gem of a swimming costume, it's a Seventh Wonderland one piece which retailed for a lot more than I paid for it. And on top of that, it's very aesthetically pleasing. Most of my swimmers are heavily discounted which is more good luck than anything else but the last three pairs have cost under $80 which is insane for swimmers. Especially for a brand like Seafolly or Tigerlily.

Which brings me to my next point...I wish I had more money to buy more clothes! I went into Tigerlily the other day and was nearly brought to tears at how major my first world problems are. A standard swimming costume is about $200. ie. Two weekends pay (assuming I work both days on the weekend for 5 hours each) I think that this is ridiculously overpriced and I might just sue the manufacturers, not really though I'm just more sad over my financial situation at the moment than anything but online shopping makes up for it so it's okay.

A really really really like the 1930's style bikini's with the high waist and prettiness, I love strapless bikini's because it doesn't make an awkward tan, I love underwired swimmers because they're just a lot more shaped which is nice and I love bright colours and patterns. I just want this rain to end so I can sun bake at Bondi and look fabulous in my ever growing range of swimmers.



(Above) Two styles that I adore, it doesn't have the high waisted which to some extent can be unflattering but still retains the 1930's elegance. 





Very expensive Tigerlily Bikini that has a really nice fabric but not sure about the style. 

Liv xo





No comments:

Post a Comment

About

My photo
Nineteen year old student from Sydney, working a lot and spending all funds on clothes.

Pages - Menu