Wednesday 23 October 2013

Obsession

Over the past few months an overwhelming obsession has built up over all things iridescent, holographic, perspex, white, minimalist and flatform. It's sort of like I've turned into a magpie and suddenly flock to everything shiny, this hasn't been an occurrence necessarily of my own accord either as I have a group of extremely fashionista friends who were tuned into this obsession long before I was. But it has developed and I'm embracing it, blogs like love-aesthetics inspired perspex clutches or cool cut-out perspex panels in jumpers (not my creation but fashionista friend Niamh is right onto that bandwagon). And obviously holographic stuff isn't necessarily a new thing but it's kind of sea-punk and futuristic and has so many good vibes like really, when you look at holographic stuff all you can think of is the future and flying cars but also wearing a pair of holographic flatfoms can spice up ANY outfit.

This brings me to my next point: flatforms. As a pretty tall person I've always struggled with wearing heels as I've always towered over my friends and for a long time, boys. Then for a while I became really self conscious of my height and so slouched and ruined my posture and then missed the vital training years of how to walk in stilettos and it was just a disaster. Thankfully now I love being tall and don't really care of how much taller heels will make me because if you can't work what you've got then whats the point in having it. But you know, obviously not every day is an occasion to wear heels so I've heavily invested in the clog, chunky sandal and flatform bandwagon. Flatforms particularly are so versatile and give you added height without the inconvenience of heels and can be worn casually or to go out, which is why I think everyone should invest in at least two pairs because you need one for summer and probably a chunkier ankle strapped one for winter. Sportsgirl has been the source of my last two pairs and they're insanely comfortable and are the cause of many compliments on a very regular basis. There are so many varying heights on flatforms now too which I really like so you can go for a very statement, almost artistic option or a more subtle option that gives you some nice extra height, and they're so insanely comfortable. Honestly, if you're going to invest in one shoe this summer make sure it's a flatform, seriously.

I was procrastinating so did a funky lil photoshoot
Big Clutch: Target! $20.00
Holographic phone case: Target $15.00
White Chunky Sandal: Jeffrey Campbell, $125.00 (bought from the markets for $70.00)
Perspex clutch: Made by me out of a bag carrying a quilt cover
Holographic Stilettos: Topshop $124.00 (worth every cent)
Other phone case: Sportsgirl $5.00

up close, they're so so beautiful

Someone was wearing these at a Tavi Gevinson talk I went to, so so cool in real life.

Stella McCartney, just look at the perspex.


Liv xo 

No comments:

Post a Comment

About

My photo
Nineteen year old student from Sydney, working a lot and spending all funds on clothes.

Pages - Menu