Friday 22 June 2012

Inspiration

So lately I've had quite a few people (like one person) ask me where I get my inspiration for outfits from. So in a fit of self obsessed boredom I've compiled a list of what/who inspires me with what I wear.
Okay so first off, the internet. I scour through website after website when I get home from school, Tumblr, Sydney Street Style, other fashion blogs, asos, topshop etc etc. Seriously, without the wonders of the internet I would be even more of a hermit only without semi-trendy clothes.

Secondly, magazines. Vogue is wonderful for ideas, although everything featured in it is so expensive I like to pretend I can afford it so try to find similar things.

Key people, Alexa Chung as an example is always very well dressed but not over the top, models off duty are always so trendy and you'd be hard pressed to find a model who's dressed appallingly.
This next bit is going to sound heaps lame and I'm sure that they might be reading this now (thank you Niamh) but in all honesty, my friends are actually the most well dressed people I know. They all have an individual style but are still so so trendy and know what suits them but aren't afraid to create groovy trends. They influence me quite a lot in terms of experimentation and what I buy.

Also, after a 14 odd years of dressing myself I know what colours suit me now and what styles work with my body and skin tone. Like, I wouldn't wear a cream dress because I know I'd look washed out and blend into the walls and that's just come from experience.

In saying all this, I can't pin down direct things that influence everything I wear. If I like something I'll get it, despite whether it's 'hip' and 'happening' or not. The amount of things that have been 'hip' and 'happening' yet almost bring me to tears due to sheer annoyance (think mullet skirts circa 2010-2011) You'd be far better off buying things that you like and look nice on you than something that's on the runways yet doesn't suit you.

Liv xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

About

My photo
Nineteen year old student from Sydney, working a lot and spending all funds on clothes.

Pages - Menu