Monday 12 November 2012

Make up

Now, I don't wear makeup all that often because mostly I'm just horrendously lazy and don't really know what to do when it comes to manifesting something fabulous out of eyeliner and lipstick. But in saying this I absolutely adore the idea of makeup worn in a sophisticated way. I don't necessarily condone wearing layers and layers of thick foundation but a statement lip or eye can seriously go along way in flattering the already lovely facial features.

And as Summer is looming the bright tropical colours are being brought out too. Particularly vibrant pinks, oranges and reds but the more subdued pastally tones are also working wonders on the Spring racing scene and in creating a more naturalistic makeup style, I firmly believe it makes people feel more comfortable as there's no worry of getting lipstick on your teeth or overdoing the eyeliner. And when people feel comfortable they radiate confidence, making them look even lovelier.

Another point I'd like to make is about eyebrows. Now, when you think about it eyebrows are seriously so strange yet they're such a key part of one's face. I honestly think that someone's eyebrows can make or break someone's appearance, which sounds awful but when someone has to draw on their eyebrows I think I have the right to slyly judge them. That's not where I'm headed with this point though, I'm far more interested in striking, fierce eyebrows like Bambi's which, are so easy to achieve at home that it's not even funny. All you need is a natural (depending on your hair colour) eyeshadow and something to act as an eyebrow brush. It's seriously amazing how you can enhance your features at home and I think people need to be doing that more often than they are.

So many people hide their freckles or imperfections with foundation and while obviously everyone has insecurities, everyone's human and without a doubt you'd look 100 times nicer embracing you for you. I know all too well how easy it is to go wild with concealer when you're trying to look fab for a party, but at the end of the day if you're trying to impress people with your 'perfect' skin tone then they're not really worth impressing at all. And this is going to sound so lame and whatever but if you're hanging out with the type of people who would judge you for a pimple or blemish then they're not worth your time because 99.9999% of people wouldn't take a seconds notice at your scar that you got from falling up an escalator in a freak accident when you were 14 and those who do are probably so full of their own insecurities that they pick out other people's flaws to make themselves feel better. Flaws that aren't even really flaws because they're what makes us who we are.

So please can people start not covering up their freckles because 
a) freckles are so in at the moment
 b) it's always awkward when you don't rub in your foundation properly or don't get a colour that suits your skin tone
and 
c) you're undoubtedly gorgeous freckles and all

Aaaand that was the world's biggest digression but I'll just post some pictures to lighten the mood from that emotional paragraph of makeup styles that I seriously adore.

If I had the balls to bleach my eyebrows for a brief stint I seriously would, this is so great.

Also as a side note Cara Delevingne is my favourite model at the moment and her eyebrows rock

Bright lips and nude eyes 

Pastally hues

Liv xo




No comments:

Post a Comment

About

My photo
Nineteen year old student from Sydney, working a lot and spending all funds on clothes.

Pages - Menu