Tuesday 10 June 2014

once you go black you never go back

Also, despite my blase approach back into writing my last post, I'd like to apologise for my 5 MONTH hiatus?!?!?? I've been so extremely busy but I'm going to get back into weekly posting now!

In saying that within this five month break - a lot has happened in terms of my own personal style and developing my aesthetic which I'm so extremely excited for. There's been a recent influx in designer garments and expensive shoes that I can nil afford as well as a volunteering role at MBFWA which was so inspiring. But what I've gained mostly from this period of 'self discovery' is a new favourite and mostly uninspiring colour; black.

I just can't really put into words why black is such a good colour, an all black outfit is so effortlessly sophisticated and pervades an image of angsty jazz musician who doesn't really try to get fashion, it was just something that evolved. This very image is one that I've religiously been wearing to university of late. The versatility of a pair of high waisted black jean (Solitaire's by Dr Denim are a fave) coupled with a black turtleneck or other iconic black top can express whatever aesthetic you ultimately want through the choice in shoes and accessories. Which is why I love black so so much.

While, don't get me wrong I absolutely adore wearing colour, it is something that I shy away from in favour of wearing exclusively black. In fact the girl I nanny once asked me if I owned anything other than black because I always wear something black, it's not even intentional it's genuinely circumstantial but I've been trying to make an effort to splash out a little bit more. Yet it always manages to creep into my outfits, hence the title of this post.

Generally and genuinely, I think that the benefits of wearing black go deeper than the versatility, it goes into the flattering nature of the colour, the slimming benefits and the way that you can go unnoticed or be the Belle of the ball in just the one colour. You can go black on black on black and you'd look perfectly normal, and that is why I'm such a big advocate for the uninspiring nature of the colour, and why I wish for everyone to splash out and by 7 LBD's and backless black tops and dresses and low Dr. Martens - just everything.

goals

if the queen herself is wearing a turtleneck, something must be right here.

Liv xo 


No comments:

Post a Comment

About

My photo
Nineteen year old student from Sydney, working a lot and spending all funds on clothes.

Pages - Menu