Monday 28 May 2012

Outfit Repeaterer.

When you're a sixteen year old student working two days a week at most, finding clothes that are cheap yet lovely can be a real challenge. While my lovely mother often buys me a few items here and there she doesn't quite understand the dilemma of being an 'outfit repeaterer'. Anyone who has seen the Lizzie McGuire Movie should remember the horror of Kate bluntly saying "Lizzie McGuire is an outfit repeaterer" to which Lizzie replied "Well you're an outfit rememberer which is just as bad!" Since the day I first watched this movie as a seven year old fashionista the worry of being an outfit repeaterer has been one that I've struggled with my whole life.
The problem is though, that when I find an outfit I really like I just want to wear it over and over again to show off just how cool and trendy I am. My next plan was to wear my cool new item of clothing over and over again but just with different groups of people so that nobody ever knew that I was being an outfit repeaterer. Then Facebook was invented and people started bringing cameras to events so my plan of wearing the same item of clothing all the time was foiled. So I decided to stay out of photos, which is hard when you're a self titled selfie queen and so accordingly feel the need to jump into every photo.
My next stroke of genius was to get more clothes or mix and match my super cool new outfits. Both of these ideas were sheer brilliance, but needless to say I did not have the time nor money to buy new clothes all the time. So I figured I'd just wear a few staple items now and then but with different accessories and shoes. The next issue I faced was that my one 'staple item' was a black skirt - needless to say it goes with everything. So I wear it with everything, thus continues the cycle of being an outfit repeaterer.

It really is an ongoing cycle that you can only really escape if you're mega rich and can afford loads of clothes or just very fashionable and can easily mix and match all of your trendy clothes without anyone noticing. Ah such is life.

Liv xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

About

My photo
Nineteen year old student from Sydney, working a lot and spending all funds on clothes.

Pages - Menu