Wednesday 30 May 2012

Bargain Hunting.

Bargain Hunting has been something that I've been brought up with, something that my mum instilled in me from a very young age. So accordingly, like all things that you practice very often I've become a professional in the field. So much so that I'm writing a post about all my bargains and some of the best places (in Sydney) to get bargains.
Purchase number 1 - Ksubi Jeans. Usually a pair of high waisted Ksubi jeans would retail at around $240 which is crazy expensive yet to some, completely worth it. I never really have $240 spare so I never would think that I'd get a pair of these jeans until, I went to Surry Hills Markets a couple of months ago and picked up a pair of almost brand new high waisted Ksubi jeans for $30. I almost cried of joy, now not only do I look really rich when I wear them but I also have a beautiful pair of high waisted jeans that I get complemented on every time I wear them.
Moral of the story: Markets a seriously such a godsend for anyone who wants nice clothes but can't necessarily always afford them. Surry Hills markets are on the first Saturday of every month, Glebe Markets are every Saturday,  Rozelle Markets, Kirribilli Markets, Bondi Markets, Paddington Markets...seriously the opportunities are endless.
Purchase number 2 - Black Maxi Skirt. It's silky and has two splits up the side and was retailed at $140, in classic me fashion I didn't pay that much for it. Infact, I went to a warehouse sale not long ago and I picked this piece of loveliness up for $30. Another item where the compliments are ongoing.
Moral of this tale: Keep in the loop for fashion warehouse sales, Sass and Bide have them, MinkPink and just about every other brand under the sun. Usually they're around Oxford St so keep a look out, so worth it!
Purchase number 3 - These heels that I don't quite know how to explain but I got for a ridiculous price. They kind of look like Jeffrey Campbell Foxy's but not really. They're very nice though and were only $50 reduced from $150 because the shop was closing down. Shops closing down sucks but closing down sales are nice.
Internet Shopping - Asos, Urban Outfitters, Topshop, Princess Polly.. it goes on and on and on and on. So do the savings, particularly Asos. The plus side of living on the other side of the world from England is that when they're going into Summer, we're going into Winter so accordingly their Winter clothes are drastically reduced in cost just in time for the chilly seasonal change in Australia.

I could really go on for days but I'll stop there because I'm tired and have to be at school early tomorrow.
Byeee, Liv xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

About

My photo
Nineteen year old student from Sydney, working a lot and spending all funds on clothes.

Pages - Menu