Monday 28 May 2012

Perfection.

I found myself the other night looking through countless images of beautiful models wearing beautiful clothes - and in all forms, being seemingly perfect. Whatever that may be. I've never been perfect, I never will be perfect and needless to say you'd be hard pressed to find someone who is. In saying this, the idea of 'being perfect' is something that plays on my mind every day. The strive that we, as humans have to be perfect - to be better than what we currently are.
This strive for perfection is something that while I accept, I don't fully understand. What makes someone's features more desirable that someone else's. Yeah, I wish I was Miranda Kerr but why is it that she is society's 'perfect woman' who men and women alike drool over.
Someone commented on a photo of mine on facebook the other day, essentially she said "your teeth are perfect now" As a bit of background information I've had braces for 18 months, while I've had people tell me that my teeth are perfectly straight I know that they're not. I am so much more critical on myself than anyone else is on me. Because, I'm striving for perfection - even though I know I won't reach it.
It's weird, how while perfection is something that people cry over it will never be reached by anyone, not ever. I don't know if that's a good thing or bad thing but for now it'll have to do.

Okay philosophical rant over, back to fashion posts from now.

Liv xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

About

My photo
Nineteen year old student from Sydney, working a lot and spending all funds on clothes.

Pages - Menu